This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We offer many levels of baseball. Choose the appropriate level for your child. PLEASE NOTE: DEPENDENT ON WEATHER CONDITIONS AND FIELD CONDITIONS. TIMES AND DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT THE REC.CTR. OR YOUR COACH FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
ALL BASEBALL REGISTRATION - Monday APRIL 4th
There will be a $20 Late Registration charge after the deadline. Cal Ripken programs will not accept late registration.
Things to know:
1. Cal Ripken minors and majors’ is a PLAYER PITCHING ONLY league.
2. If your player is new and in 2nd grade, they SHOULD play Coach Pitch/T-ball for a year.
3. 2nd graders who struggle at the plate (fear of getting hit) SHOULD play Coach Pitch/T-ball for a year.
4. 2nd graders who struggle with catching SHOULD play Coach Pitch/T-ball for a year.
Our Goal is to build a strong foundation of baseball at this youth level. By placing the player in a situation of success on the correct team is a key ingredient towards this. Sometimes however there are situations in which we might need to move a player up (2nd graders to the minors or 4th graders to the majors) to achieve the numbers needed to field a team. These are only done if the player possesses the skill level to warrant moving them. Also, on the flipside there might be a situation in which a player isn’t ready to face a 12-year-old major’s pitcher or maybe new to baseball and could benefit from a year in minors.
Typical grade breakdown for our levels offered
• Coach Pitch/T-Ball, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade
• Minors, 3rd and 4th Grade
• Majors, 5th and 6th Grade
- T-Ball (PreK and Kindergarten) & Coach Pitch 1st and 2nd grade Baseball Practice will Start AFTER April Break and end in June.
- (Grades 3/4) Cal Ripken minors and (Grades 5/6) Cal Ripken majors will start BEFORE April Break weather and field conditions permitting,
- Pre K and Kindergarten Baseball Practice - Tuesdays 4-5 pm @ Vail Field
- 1st and 2nd Grade Baseball Practice - Mondays and Wednesdays @ Vail Field 4:00-5:00 pm
- Minors Baseball Practice - Tuesdays and Thursdays @ Vail Field - Green Team 6:00 to 7:30pm - White Team 4:30 to 6:00pm
- Majors Baseball Practice - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 5 to 6:30pm @ Vail Field
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 4th (Late fees will apply after this date) If there is space!
Levels of Play
*T-Ball (Coed)(PreK and Kindergarten)
Coach: Heather Fernandes
*Coach Pitch (Coed) (1st and 2nd Grade)
Coach: Kellen Ferris
An Introductory level of play for children in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Graders. These programs offers a Competitive and complete instructional level of play. Children will learn to throw, catch and hit a ball while being taught the basic rules of baseball. Fun games vs other area committees will be scheduled periodically throughout the season.
****CAL RIPKEN Baseball****
Register for the Grade your child is in! Cal Ripken is an aged based league so players might be moved up or down depending on skill level. Team placement will be determined by coaches
*(3-4 BASEBALL Coed) MINORS; A competitive level of play. This is a player pitched program and follows Cal Ripken Rules and Bylaws. Games will be played in Woodstock, Windsor, Hartland, Hartford, Norwich and surrounding areas.
Coaches: Kevin Channell and Kent Underwood
Coaches: Bob Myers and John Malcolm
*(5-6 BASEBALL Coed) MAJORS;A more competitive level of play. This is a player pitched program and follows Cal Ripken Rules and Bylaws. Games will be played in Woodstock, Windsor, Hartland, Hartford, Norwich and surrounding areas.
IF NUMBERS PERMIT 2 TEAMS AT BOTH THE 3/4 AND 5/6 GRADE LEVELS. TEAMS WILL DIVIDED EVENLY SO THAT THEY ARE OF EQUAL ABILITY.
Coaches: Patrick Crowl, Keenan Haley, Josh Linton
PLEASE NOTE: CAL RIPKEN is age based.
MINORS baseball is ages 7 thru 11
MAJORS baseball is ages 9 thru 12.
(A two day evaluation period is scheduled in which kids will be throwing, catching and hitting in an attempt to rate abilities and place players on the appropriate team. You will register your player for the grade appropriate level that they are currently in.)
PLEASE NOTE: After the two day evaluation practices your player might be moved to a different but appropriate level.
The things that are taken into account when determining placement.
1. Ability (Skill Level)
2. Siblings (Family Members play on the same team if family requests)
Late sign ups are available if there is space on a team. Late sign up fee is an additional $20. Late registrants will be randomly placed on a team that has space. Registration deadline for Baseball is April 8th.
Please understand that the Rec's goal is to provide an opportunity to participate and play the game of Baseball. The child's school, who his friends are and coaching preference are not considered in placement.
ALL LEVELS NEED A GLOVE. CLEATS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Additional Forms and Files: