African Dance Workout
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
This class uses high-energy African dance moves to create a workout that is exciting, engaging, and gives an incredible workout for your body.
- Instructor: Sophie Shackleton has been studying West African dance, with a focus on Malian dance, for four years. She just returned from 10 months in Bamako, Mali, where she trained with traditional and contemporary Malian dancers and theatre artists. She has also worked with award-winning dancer Seydou Coulibaly, and with Malian, Guinean, and Senegalese artists in Boston, Vermont, and New York. She has taught at Brown University and for the Summerbridge High School Theatre Program.
- We will be putting a twist on traditional movements with hip-hop, coupe-décalé, and popular music.
- The pace and energy makes this class perfect for anyone looking for a FUN workout that passes quickly!
- Non-dancers are warmly welcome.
- Participants will also learn about dance in Malian and West African cultures.
- Register at the Office